10 Tips to Improve Your Child's Concentration and Focus
Children in every family are very precious. Education is an integral part of their growing process. It is often proved that children with utmost focus and concentration succeed well at their academic front at the same time improving their intellects at the good extent too. At this outset, we bring you 10 valuable tips to improve your child's concentration and focus.
1. Diet: When we talk about child's growth, it is directly connected with their diet. Here, it is imperative to know that nutrition is the primary key in improving the child's concentration levels. Children eat better can focus well on their daily activities. Your child's cognitive functions are ruled through micronutrients such as copper, zinc, iron, selenium and Vitamins A, C, D, and E. Make it sure that your child's diet is rich with certain nutrients those can impart good concentration and focus. Children with the good levels of concentration and focus will excel well in their every activity that included studies too.
2. Routine: The Growing process of the children is very sensitive. Here, it is certainly parents' responsibility to make their growing not alone healthy, but also of good in a way, they will be exposed to certain good patterns. Here, setting a routine is the greatest help. Parents should ensure setting the best routine into their daily activity, which can help them well to focus in the right manner. A best-set routine can help a lot for the child's overall development yet being the best source to enhance their performance besides too. Some of such routines are like setting particular timings for doing homework, playing, eating, sleeping and some more. This kind of well-set routine will make them always well prepared in a way to face the targets with determined focus.
3. Non-Academic Approach: Academic and non-academic approaches should be made as a part of daily routine for children. Add some puzzles, quizzes and some more as the non-academic approach. These activities will teach well to the child more about focus automatically. Importantly, these activities will improve exceptional problem-solving skills to the child. Academic tasks often make the child exhaustive. When you add exposure to the motioned non-academic practices, they will help the child improve well on concentration, which down the line can result in a great help at the academic front.
4. Small Tasks: Big tasks are not a great interest for children. They tend to be bored while exposed to big tasks. This kind of situation will affect drastically on the child's focus levels. It is always wise to break any of the big tasks into multiple small tasks with a deadline. This will motivate them to solve those tasks with determined focus and concentration. This is the best way to improve your child's concentration and focus too.
5. Mitigate Distractions: It is very common in children to get distracted very quickly. If you want your child to improve focus and concentration then it is imperative to reduce or eradicate their distractions with the best possible ways. The ambience is another important cause here to distract children. Avoid loud sounds, TV, music and such from the ambience while your child is focusing on something. Always observe what all causing distraction is and eliminate them as much as possible from the ambience.
6. Rest: Your child must have ample rest every day. Make it sure that your child is having ample night sleep and add some additional rest in the day time too. This could lead to convenient activity for child apart from the availing ample rest, which can help them to focus and concentrate well on their work.
7. Time Gaps: It is imperative to allow some time gap between tasks for the children. For example, doing homework continuously can make them lose their focus and concentration. Let them complete their homework volume in bits and pieces ensuring time gap between one after one. This kind of working ensure focus yet improving it in the right way too.
8. Praising: You must appreciate your child in every activity. Children take this kind of praising as the greatest motivation. A well-motivated child often tends to focus and concentrate on the tasks given to gain the praising again. You should keep up this well in your child with appropriate praising as inappropriate appreciation can lead into the wrong direction too. Praising is the best way to improve the child's focus and concentration, but do it in a balanced way without fail.
9. Activity Changes: It is very common to change activities in the child's daily routine. But caution is very much essential here. Children are just growing and they find it difficult to accept changes. Sometimes, these changes can affect drastically on the child's focus and concentration. It is imperative to add activity changes by duly informing in advance. You should make them well prepared for the change in a way their focus and concentration will not be affected.
10. Stories: Storytelling or reading out stories to the children showing very good positive impact since ages. Make good use of this reading out stories in a way child's focus and concentration can be improved. Listening and comprehension skills will improve to a good extent while reading out stories. This is mainly due to the kind of focus and concentration paid by the child to the activity. So, reading out stories is a proven practice to improve your child's concentration and focus.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Ramana_Rolla/537934